The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum will be holding the YOUNG WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS AS DRIVERS OF SDGs, 4 Day Online Program jointly organized with the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Manama, the Kingdom of Bahrain, OIC institutions and international institutions, on the 14-17th September 2020.
The program serves as a platform to address the vital role of young women entrepreneurs in driving growth and SDG. It also highlights the key role of institutions in enhancing opportunities and further strengthening cooperation with regards to further boosting women’s entrepreneurial opportunities. The program entails a special focus on the role of young entrepreneurs as core benefactors, and benefactresses within sustainable development schemes.
ONLINE YWE AS DRIVERS OF SDGs PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Sharing good practices on infrastructures and ecosystems,
- Highlighting institutional efforts and initiatives for young women entrepreneurs,
- Encouraging policy trends on sustainable growth of female entrepreneurial inclusion.
- Developing the skills, capacities, and confidence of young women entrepreneurs,
- Addressing key points related to the infrastructure and echo systems for women economic empowerment for sustainable development,
- Highlighting financing and microfinancing young women entrepreneurs’ initiatives, explore current conditions, problems and challenges encountering women’s roles in and contributions to sustainable development of their communities,
- Promoting women’s best practices, successful experiences and policy models pertaining to the course of sustainable development
LOCATION & DATE
Location: Zoom Application
Date: 14-17 September
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPANT SELECTION
The final selection will be made by the organizing team. Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Young Women Entrepreneurs as Drivers of SDGs Program is open for all countries especially from OIC member states.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Aged between 18–35
- Commitment to attend the full course of the Online YWE As Drivers of SDGs
Important note: Only selected participants will be informed about the eligibility of their applications.
***Applications must be returned by no later than 31 August 2020 (00.00 GMT3+) via application link:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 31 August 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 7 September 2020
*** Selected participants will receive an email confirmation with online program details. Due to a limited timing, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who were not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF and Social Media accounts.
For further info, please contact:
Young Business Hub Organizing Committee